The structure shields the bulb’s glare, while transmitting light efficiently.
3D printing allows this pentagonal lampshade to be manufactured flat and completely assembled; folded out, it’s flexible like a textile, while maintaining its form like a rigid product. The semi-transparent structure shields the bulb’s glare, while transmitting light efficiently. Seeing the product unfold from a flat disc to a full sized lampshade never ceases to amaze.
ZooM is a surprising and functional 3d-printed lamp. Created as a programmable object in generative design software, ZooM's structure is made up of hundreds of repeating elements, that together form a series of interlocking spirals. In use as a lamp, ZooM has an intriguing texture that's flexible like a textile, but maintains its form like a solid object. The semi-transparent structure shield's the bulb's glare, while transmitting light efficiently.
Available in two sizes. The large version of ZooM has a diameter of about 28 cm and hangs about 25 cm tall. The medium sized ZooM, at about 20 cm diameter and 18 cm high.
About this model
- Sculptural, layered and half open design.
- Available in two sizes: Medium (Ø20cm, 18cm tall) and large (Ø28cm, 25cm tall).
- Bulb: 1x 2W 220-240V E14 2700K LED bulb recommended (bulb included).
- Cord: 2 meters, black fabric covered cable.
- Material: Nylon
- CE certified. UL not (yet) certified (in process).
- Designed by hand and thoroughly tested by our digital craftsmen.
- Every product we sell is a unique piece. Every product is made-to-order and hand-inspected from corner to corner.
- Fully manufactured by 3D printing.
- Ships worldwide from the Netherlands.
- Lighting pre-orders are expected to start shipping by the end of September.
- Designed by Michiel Cornelissen
- Questions? Contact us